Winners Announced: 2022 Fireworks Photo/Video Contest
Congrats to the winners of the 2022 annual Spirit of ’76 Fireworks Photo and Video contest! Click here to learn more about the contest.
First off, we’d like to give a huge THANK YOU to all who entered our contest for 2022. We received dozens of submissions and loved seeing everyone’s 4th of July celebrations.
Congratulations to all our 2022 contest winners – the following picks delighted and impressed us, and we felt they best represented the submission categories. Enjoy!
First Place: Brian Bear
Second Place (2 winners): David Hanson and Mitch Faas
First Place: Mark Lebioda
Second Place (2 winners): Steve Lupkas and Tom McLaughlin
Steve Lupkas’s submission:
Tom McLaughlin’s submission:
Once again, CONGRATULATIONS to our 2022 winners and thank you to all who entered. Until next year!
Contest details are listed below.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Tuesday, July 19th, 2022
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Friday, August 19th, 2022
Before submitting, please read the contest rules and note that only high-quality entries will be considered.
Please read the full contest rules carefully before submitting. Only high quality entries that follow the submission guidelines will be considered.
2022 Contest Rules
We want to see you, your friends, and your family enjoying fireworks. Submissions may include:
- People Enjoying Fireworks – The best part of fireworks is bringing friends and family together. Show us people enjoying, selling, buying, loading, or setting up fireworks.
- Fireworks In Action – Let’s see your fireworks going off! Be creative (video of your pyromusical, long-exposure or stylistic photos, etc.)
- Your Fireworks Stash – What’s in your fireworks haul this year? Let’s see those fireworks stacked up, or out in the field ready to go. Give us a tour!
- Retail Product Displays – Retailers, we want to see your best in-store displays of firework products! Show us why folks love to shop for fireworks at your stand, tent, or store. Get creative: artistic shots of products and/or people shopping are highly encouraged.
This year, we are giving away $600 in fireworks credit, plus Spirit of ‘76 SWAG! Here’s how prizes will be determined:
– PHOTO –
1st place (1 winner) – $100 Fireworks Credit + ‘76 SWAG
2nd place (2 winners) – $50 Fireworks Credit + ‘76 SWAG
Runners up (5 winners) – ‘76 SWAG
– VIDEO –
1st place (1 winner) – $200 Fireworks Credit + ‘76 SWAG
2nd place (2 winners) – $100 Fireworks Credit + ‘76 SWAG
Runners up (5 winners) – ‘76 SWAG
HOW TO SUBMIT
1) Carefully read the contest rules.
2) Capture fireworks photo(s) and/or video(s). You may submit up to 5 photo entries and 2 video entries. Videos under 5 minutes are preferred.
3) Send your entry or entries via email to [email protected] by July 19th. Winners will be announced August 19th.
4) Optional – Post your favorite entries on Facebook and tag our brands featured (Sky Bacon, Realtree Fireworks, or ‘76 Pro Line). We will repost them!
1) No purchase necessary to enter or to win.
2) Submissions must have been created/captured no earlier than June 20th, 2022.
3) Up to five (5) photo submissions AND up to two (2) video submissions are allowed per entrant.
4) Video submissions:
4a) Videos under 5 minutes in duration are preferred (show highlights are great).
4b) Must be steady footage (when in doubt, please use a tripod).
5) Photo submissions:
5a) High resolution images, cropped and edited appropriately, are preferred.
5b) Subject(s) must be in focus.
6) To be eligible to win the prize, you must be at least 18 years old and submit your entry by July 19, 2022. By entering the contest you are representing to Spirit of ’76, L.L.C., and Spirit is relying upon your representation, that you are the sole owner to the rights of the content submitted and that any other persons shown in the submission have been informed, and understand, that their likeness may be used by Spirit as outlined in these rules.
7) Valid in the fifty United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico only. Void where prohibited.
8) The prize winners will be selected within the sole, subjective discretion of Spirit of ’76, L.L.C.
9) By entering this contest, all entrants agree that the Spirit of ’76, L.L.C. may use, regardless of whether the entrant is a prize winner or not, the entrants name and pictures/videos presented for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, in any form whatsoever, without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, THE PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT SPIRIT, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL OF SPIRIT’S OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSONS, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, RESULTING FROM THE SUBMISSION AND YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY.
Tips for High-Quality Entries
Each year we get hundreds of contest entries! Set your submission(s) up for success by considering the following tips.
- Use a tripod. When in doubt, avoid blurry or shaky photos and videos by using a tripod or stabilizer. Make sure your subject is in focus.
- Consider submission categories. We especially love entries that go beyond just fireworks. People enjoying fireworks, people selling fireworks, display set-up and highlights – get creative!
- Short & sweet video entries preferred. If you’re submitting video, make sure it follows the guidelines on length. Highlights of your fireworks display or pyromusical are great.
Remember: only high quality entries that follow the current year’s submission guidelines will be considered.
See some of our favorite past submissions below!
Below are some of our top video submissions from years past:
- 1st Place 2021: Ken Langford
- Tied for 2nd Place 2021: Ed Grillo
- Tied for 2nd Place 2021: Mark Lebioda
- Runner Up 2021: Joshua Hobson
- 2nd Place 2020: Steve Lupkas
- Runner Up 2020: Bill Axell
- 2nd Place 2019: Berry Acres
Click the links below to see the winners and submission guidelines for each year’s ’76 Fireworks Photo and Video contest.