How to Shoot Artillery Shells
Learn how to safely shoot artillery shells! First, review the fireworks safety basics.
Fireworks Safety Basics
- Shoot outside only (choose an area with no obstructions)
- Have adult supervision
- Have a water source handy
- Wear safety glasses & close-toed shoes
- Read package instructions
- Use common sense!
- Find more safety tips on our Fireworks Safety page
How to Safely Shoot Artillery Shells
Watch the video above to see how it’s done.
- Take fireworks outside in a spot with no obstructions.
- Place tube on a flat surface.
- Use bricks or cinder blocks to secure (use multiple for added stability!)
- Load only one device at a time.
- To light: use an instant-on torch, punk stick, or barbecue lighter.
- Light one fuse, stand back, and ENJOY!
After The Shoot
- Allow fireworks to cool 15-20 minutes before approaching.
- Dowse with water or let sit overnight before disposing.
- Dispose outside in a metal container or at a trash collection facility.
Find printable fireworks safety materials at www.skybaconfireworks.com/safety