Professional Use Fireworks

All Spirit of ‘76 Professional Use Only items meet the powder weight requirements of consumer fireworks, but are not intended for consumer use or retail sales.  These items are intended for use by experienced professional fireworks display operators.

Professional Use Only items require special training and equipment (beyond that of Consumer Fireworks UN0336 1.4g) to setup and operate.  Spirit of ‘76 requires proof of training & competency in addition to a signed copy of the authorization form below before your account can be authorized to purchase these items.

USDOT – All Spirit of ‘76 Professional Use Only items are classified as Articles Pyrotechnic UN0431 (1.4G) or UN0432 (1.4S) by the U.S. Department of Transportation (49 CFR 172.101).  Regulations apply when transporting in commerce.  Placards required & made available when picking up more than 1000lb gross weight 1.4G items.

ATF – Importation, storage, and distribution of Articles Pyrotechnic (UN0431 & UN0432) is generally exempt from federal (ATF) explosives laws and regulations.  You do not need an ATF license to purchase, however we will accept an ATF license as proof of training or competency.

State/Local – State and local laws or regulations may apply to the storage and use of these items.  It is the responsibility of the buyer to be aware of and adhere to all laws and regulations of the destination.

All buyers should obtain and be familiar with NFPA 1123: Code for Fireworks Display and/or NFPA 1126: Use of Pyrotechnics before a Proximate Audience.  These codes have been adopted by most states and are available from NFPA at or by calling 1-800-344-3555.

The Pyrotechnics Guild International Display Operator Certification is recommended as additional training & accepted by us as proof of training.  Information about the PGI DOC can be found at

Spirit of ‘76 reserves the right to withhold sales of Professional Use Only to any individuals for any reason.

Professional Use Only Account Authorization

Please return a signed copy of the Pro Use Authorization Form (link below) along with a copy of your proof of training or competency.

We must have both documents on file prior to authorizing your account.

Examples of acceptable proof of training & competency include:

  • State issued Display Operators License – aka: shooters license
  • State issued fireworks importer, exporter, or distributor license
  • FEL (Federal Explosive License) – aka: ATF License (Type-51, Type-54, etc)
  • PGI training certificate
  • APA training certificate
  • Training certificate from reputable company
  • Permit to shoot from state or local fire Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)

Download our Pro Use Authorization form below.