Spirit of ’76 Fireworks has been a leading consumer fireworks wholesaler and distributor for over 25 years. We service customers and fireworks enthusiasts throughout the United States. If you are a motivated individual looking for an exciting job opportunity, consider joining Team ’76.
Spirit of ’76 Fireworks currently has the following job openings (please click on the appropriate job for full job descriptions and instructions on how to apply):
Seasonal Warehouse Labor
Looking for a fun work environment? Want to be a part of a team that values community, proactivity and a can-do attitude? Spirit of ’76 Fireworks may just be the place for you.
NOTE: The Seasonal Dock Worker will be an essential transportation worker performing essential critical infrastructure work involving the receiving, unloading and distribution of Class 1 hazardous materials at our warehousing and distribution facility.
Who we are:
Our mission statement says it all: Spirit of ’76 Fireworks is the nation's leading fireworks distributor; serving fireworks buyers through high-quality products, innovation, technology, safety, and excellent services. We have a passion for fireworks that resonates through our culture and drives our ambition to meet the fireworks needs of retailers, display companies and fireworks enthusiasts throughout the United States.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for several seasonal warehouse laborers to assist with operations at our Boonville, Missouri Distribution Center. The incumbents will assist with the product receiving and distribution operations for the 2020 4th of July season.
Position will assist Warehouse Manager in the areas of shipping and receiving. Exposure to supply chain processes will include:
- Receiving: unload delivery trucks and inspect and verify contents are as expected. Put away product in accordance with warehouse guidelines
- Shipping: pulls the items from storage that are needed to fill a customer's order and then prepares the product for shipment
- Previous forklift or rider pallet jack experience desirable, but not required
- At least 18 years of age
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to grasp new concepts by working in collaboration with supply chain staff
- Must be adaptable and willing to learn and work effectively as part of a team
Please note that this is a physically demanding position :
- Must be able to carry, pull, and/or lift up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to crouch, grasp, pull, kneel, stoop, and walk to perform certain job functions
- Must be able to stand for up to 8+ hours
- Incumbent will be exposed to hazardous fireworks materials
- Incumbent must follow any COVID-19 direction provided by the Company
*Positions are available from date of hire through Spirit’s 4th of July shipping season, inclusive. Hour will vary week-to-week depending on the Company's needs.
Great Starting Wages:
$10.50 - $11.50 per hour, depending on experience
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $10.50 to $11.50 /hour
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pallet Rider: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- 1 - 3 months
- Forklift experience
- Pallet jack
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Part-Time and Seasonal Class A HazMat Driver (Boonville, Missouri)
We are searching for both part-time and seasonal over-the-road Class A HazMat drivers with the primary duty of pick-up and delivery of fireworks to and from our Boonville, Missouri warehouse. The part-time and seasonal drivers will assist with our local trucking operations. They will normally operate within a 200 air-mile radius of our Boonville warehouse and will routinely return to our home base each day. For a Driver Employment Application, please click here .
Class B HazMat Driver – Part-Time/Seasonal (Boonville, Missouri)
We are searching for both part-time and seasonal over-the-road Class B HazMat drivers with the primary duty of delivery of fireworks from our Boonville, Missouri warehouse during our peak season. The part-time and seasonal drivers will assist with our local trucking operations. They will normally operate within a 200 air-mile radius of our Boonville warehouse and will routinely return to our home base each day. For a Driver Employment Application, please click here.
Spirit of '76, L.L.C. , is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.